- Lakewood School was founded in April 1997. We renovated and moved into our current location in 1999. The school is located in a landmark brick building in a historic district of downtown Port Huron. It is here students will attend all components of the program.
- The school provides high quality massage equipment in the classroom, as well as, audio visual equipment, life size skeletons, and a variety of charts and anatomical models. There are a number of other amenities available to students such as a kitchen, lounge and a library.
- The school has several eateries in close proximity. We are walking distance from the beautiful St. Clair River and the Black River and a few miles from Lake Huron.
Discover the Blue shores of Eastern Michigan. Port Huron offers a small city atmosphere with big city amenities. Enjoy coffee houses, waterfront restaurants, or shop, golf, and relax on our beaches and swim in our clear beautiful blue waters.
- Port Huron is known as the “Maritime Capital of the Great Lakes” and was given the title of “Cool City” by the State of Michigan. Two bridges link Port Huron with Sarnia, Ontario, Canada. Take a tour by land or water. Enjoy a narrated boat cruise on the Huron Lady II or take the Trolley Tour for just a dime.
- For your creative side visit the art galleries, catch an art fair or just read that book you have been wanting to read at Pine Grove Park while watching the freighters go passing by. Life is good when you relax, enjoy, have fun and “Discover the Blue”. More information about Port Huron can be found at www.bluewater.org and http://www.michigan.org/City/Default.aspx?city=G3449.