Do You have a Massage Therapist Job Opening?
To post a job opening and create a job listing for hiring a Massage Therapist, Employers may complete an Position Opening Form
Lakewood School Administrative Office will review your request, and upon acceptance, will send the job listing to our alumni who are looking for job openings. The opening will also be posted at the school for three months or until the employer notifies us that the position has been filled.
Job postings with the most thorough information are the most likely to get responses. The posting must include a job description.
Here are some things to include in your job description:
- Description of the massage therapy component, ex: length of treatments, clientele served, type of massage, different modalities, how many massages do you schedule in a shift
- Opportunities for growth and advancement within your business
- Compensation details, including rental, hourly rate, commission (with specific details)
- Hours and days you’re looking to fill
- What is provided and what is required for the LMT to provide. Example: who does the advertising and scheduling, who provides linen, lotions, music etc.
What can an Employer expect from a Lakewood School Graduate?
Our Graduates have been trained:
- to develop individual treatment plans for each client
- in several techniques to add to their relaxation massage for areas of pain or tightness.
- in techniques that include but are not limited to joint movement, muscle energy techniques, and connective tissue massage.
- in Anatomy, Kinesiology and Pathology
- in over 100 hours of massage practice before they graduate.
- in elective topics such as Reflexology, Aromatherapy and Cranial Sacral Therapy.
Here are some things we hope we can expect from you, as an Employer.
- Quality compensation package. Compensation rates in the Bluewater Area average $20 – $38 per one-hour massage.
- Compensation for any time that therapists are required to be onsite when they don’t have scheduled massages and for performing tasks other than massage such as cleaning, answering phones, doing laundry, etc.
- Therapists are provided with 100% of their tips in addition to their compensation.
- Therapists are given the opportunity for preferences in their schedule including maximum number of clients per day.