Holistic Approach: Students learn a holistic approach to bodywork that includes relaxation massage, assessment skills and therapeutic applications. Personal growth and self care are part of the educational process.
750 clock hour, 10 month professional Massage Therapy program. Graduates earn a Diploma and the title of Massage Therapist.
COMTA Accredited: Lakewood School is accredited by the Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA) offering a comprehensive training program in Therapeutic Massage.
Workshop Electives: Students choose from a variety of topics for the elective component of the program. Check out the Workshop page for topics and schedules.
Student Clinic Experience: Students work in a supervised clinic for the practicum portion of the program.
Great Job Outlook: Employment of massage therapists is projected to grow 22% from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations according to the U.S. Department of Labor’s 2016-2017 Occupational Outlook Handbook . There are a number of settings where massage therapists practice.
Tuition: $ 10,895 + Textbooks & Lab Fee: $1,600
Tuition less than the national average for comparable programs.
Educational Investment includes:
- All Courses including Student Clinic and Workshop Electives
- Textbooks: All required textbooks and Course Packets for the program
- Massage Table Package: Including an adjustable face rest, arm hammock, carry case, and ” bolster. You choose your table color.
- Starter Kit for classroom and clinic including lotion, gel, Spa Class products, and a set of sheets.
- Polo Shirt: A school logo polo shirt (required for the student clinic)
- Membership to a professional organization which includes liability insurance.
- Test Prep subscription to prepare for the MBLEx
- Licensure expenses including: the MBLEx exam fee, the background check fee, and the licensure fee for the State of Michigan.
A great value for your Educational Investment.
Fall Program (September through mid-June)
The Core Program meets every Tuesday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Supplemental Classes are held one Saturday/month from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Students will receive a calendar of the Supplemental Class dates on the first day of school.
Workshops are held on weekends, both Saturday & Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Students attend 6 Elective Workshops over the course of the year. Check out the Workshop page for topics and scheduling.
Student Clinics are held Monday and Friday mornings and Wednesday afternoon / evenings. Students attend an average of three clinics per month during the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Quarters. Students begin working in the Student Clinic upon successful completion of the 1st quarter of the program.